V5 552G No Audio Out

Options
fijian_kudi
fijian_kudi Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having problems getting the audio to work with the laptop connected to the TV via a HDMI cable and a Headphone Jack to Optical Audio cable that is connected to my receiver. 

I have attached an image of the Sound options I have under 'Control Panel.'

I can hear the sound through the speakers on the TV only but not through the surround sound speakers (receiver).

I have searched google and other forums but have not yet come up with a solution to how to get audio through my surround sound speakers. 

Here are more details if needed:

AMD Quad Core Processor A10-5757M

AMD Radeon HD 8750

Windows 8.1 64bit

Capture.PNG

realtek.PNG

amd.PNG

Answers

• matthewharrison
    matthewharrison Member Posts: 42 New User
    Options

Sounds like it may be more likely the way your surround sound is hooked up & not an issue with the actual computer. If the sound is coming from the TV speakers then there is no problem with the computer side of things, more than like the way the surround sound is hooked up.

• fijian_kudi
    fijian_kudi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I use the same setup (hdmi and headphone jack to optical audio cable) to connect my MacBook Pro to the TV and I get surround sound through my speakers (via the receiver) with no problems at all so I don't think it's the way the receiver is set up. Just so very frustrating since the Acer is newer and better in terms of spec than my old MBP and one of the main reason I bought the Acer was because it stated that it had optical out for the sound. Acer support has been of no help at all (one of the worst actually) so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

• matthewharrison
    Options

Ohhhh....sorry I realize the problem now. It's not working on your Audio out because it's actually sending audio through HDMI.

Go to your playback devices and enable your speakers & set them to default with the HDMI plugged in. Should work hopefully.

• matthewharrison
    Options

Any luck?