Aspire V 15 NITRO VN7-571G-70UR FAN CONTROL

Andrewkrm
Andrewkrm Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to control fan speed on this laptop (already tried "speedfan"). It has become a problem when gaming becouse they usually dont run at 100% even when in "high performance" and the cpu goes over +80ºC

Answers

• MrPalma
    MrPalma Member Posts: 6 New User

there's something on advanced energy plan settings related to passive cooling and active cooling...if you cant find will try to explaing better latter

• Andrewkrm
    Andrewkrm Member Posts: 2 New User

hmm that option only lets the fan go up when the computer "thinks" it needs to go up... is there no way to actually have full control over ur fans ? I mean this laptop is one of the latest from acer... I would think something as simple as this would have some kind of program that lets you do it urself 

• Forever
    Forever Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

You can't control laptop cooler, the cooler runs at normal capacity and when the situation impose it will run faster for a couple of minutes, the laptop coolers are made to last that's why they run this way cause if a laptop cooler will run at maximum capacity you will need to change it every 3 months Smiley Happy

I believe you have a Broadwell processor on your Acer, i7-5500U right? Don't worry, Broadwell processors maximum operating temperature is set to 105 degrees celsius so even if your processor will be at 90 degrees celsius there's no need to worry because that's normal Smiley Happy

• snow61
    snow61 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

there is actually a way to control the fans. The question is : do you really need it ?

As Forever pointed out, running the fan at maximum capacity is not a good idea (see previous post). Nonetheless, they are far from running at full speed ('even at full load on CPU), and loudness is one of the reason (at full speed, they are really loud). So I guess you could push them a little to increase cooling only when needed...But you need to find a value a least the same as the max value given by the controller on auto-mode, otherwise you will experience more heat or/and more thermal throttling, or maybe damage (I have no idea...)

I agree that the CPU can run at 90°C , but over the years, I think the components around the CPU would not get happy.

But again, that's a laptop, so it will run warmer than a desktop due to desgin..

Go there if you really want to control your fan : New Acer Aspire V Nitro series | Page 67 | NotebookReview

and I you want to create a batch file, there : New Acer Aspire V Nitro series | Page 74 | NotebookReview

Do it at your own risk though, I can not be responsible as I'm just another user of this laptop...

• MLGcheezzit
    MLGcheezzit Member Posts: 1 New User
    acer makes a program that when your gameing it makes the fans go to 80-90% fan speed 
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I think Acer really needs to do an app for it, everyone requesting and a company like Acer must listen to customers and add something to *all* models.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Then go to the plugs folder and change the name Predator PH315-52 to Aspire VN7-571G and run the installation.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★