I have a Acer aspire v5 571p that doesnt turn on or charge there are no lights showing

Options
jayledrew01
jayledrew01 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all,

Need your help.  I have an Acer Aspire v5  571p that does not turn on; no blue light near from the power button.  Laptop is not booting to POST or powering on at all.

Here is what I have verified so far:

1) Tried the CMOS battery swap; reset

2) Swapped out RAM

3) Confirmed Power from DC jack 18V

4) Power Brick (Adapeter) confirmed voltage 18V

5) Disassembled and verified power at the battery charging ports; around 3V

At this point I am suspecting either the power button and cable is faulty or the MB itself?  

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated I have been reading and searching on the forum and would like to put this one to rest. 

Thanks all! 

Jason

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

It is recommended to perform a power reset (if you have not done this already) to discharge any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly. To do this, you can follow the steps below:
    1. Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
    2. Turn the notebook over to remove the battery. Slide the lock tab to the unlock position first then slide and hold the release tab. While holding the release tab remove the battery.
    Important: There are 2 tabs holding the battery in place. One is the lock tab and the other is the release tab.
    3. Turn the notebook back over and open it.
    4. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
    5. Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place.
    6. Slide the lock tab back into the lock position.
    7. Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.
    8. Turn on your notebook.

If the issue still persists, this can be a hardware issue and you are advised to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance by using the following link:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.