Drivers Download Service Not Available

Options
kaleshnikov
kaleshnikov Member Posts: 2 New User

For the past three days I've been trying to download drivers for my ACER 1810T but the Acer drivers website keeps saying "Service Not Available"

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

English or French website?

The Australian website works.

France
  • kaleshnikov
    kaleshnikov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I was trying the Canadian - English website, but the AUS site worked. Further, the coding of this forum is terrible Chrome doesn't render it well.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

May be a Java issue. Delete the temporary files like this.

France
  • Qstarw
    Qstarw Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

Your websites do not work...I get the same error as above...tried several websites, Au, Ro, US...ets

How do I get my drivers pls?

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Clear your browser's cache, then shut it down and reboot the browser. If that does not work, try a second browser.

• Casper
    Casper Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. Tried with 3 different computers on two different networks with both Firefox and Chrome. This is not a browser problem. Something is wrong with your website.

Australian site:

http://i.imgur.com/nZFRSZ7.png

Finnish site:

http://i.imgur.com/nB10Reo.png

This has been going on now for several days.

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Acer is aware there is an issue with their support site/pages and are working on a resolution.

• boispw
    boispw Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

This is ridiculous.  The last message is dated in July saying that Acer is aware of the problem.  It is now September and I am getting the same no service available message and I have tried clearing my cache and used both Chrome and Explorer.  I need to download a new driver for my SD card reader because it doesn't seem to see it after upgrading to Windows 10.

When can we expect to do a basic thing like upgrade a driver???

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

service is working at 100% and fixed months ago.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • boispw
    Options

100%? Wow, then I must just be dreaming that I repeatedly typed in my SNID and my serial number all through today and kept getting a big spinning circle followed by the words: service not available! (in both Explorer and Chrome). Maybe I will just magically wake up from this dream tomorrow....

Just as Kaleshnikov posted months ago - the Canadian English site is definitely NOT working 100%!

• boispw
    Options

I should also have mentioned that I got the same result with both SNID and serial number on the US site.

• brummyfan2
    Options

It's working fine in UK site, flushing dns cache might help.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

boispw, you are the only right now complain about download or SNID not working.

if you have Avast as antivirus, try to momentary disable and try again.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • boispw
    Options

Same thing is happening today on US and Canada site.  I have the McAfee that came with my new Acer Aspire T.  I will try disabling McAfee and will re-clear cache.  Tried on Explorer and Chrome.  

• boispw
    Options

Still the same message after flushing and disabling McAfee.  Interestingly enough, when I put the SNID number into the regular support box request (ie not the drivers and manuals section) then it accepts the number and spits out a bunch of faqs.  But always no service available when I use the drivers box.

• boispw
    Options

Also tried the UK site.  Maybe somebody wants to see if it is just my SNID that is being rejected? It is: [edited for privacy]