Acer Aspire 4752 - BIOS progress bar stuck at about 75%

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes. But no quotation marks (") and no plus signs (+). Only type the word      flash  Then press the Enter key.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NguyenTrung
    NguyenTrung Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

It seem like fun or magic. The screen color was alway black. Guru, Please help me!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

>>> I restarted by power button and have stuck when BIOS progress bar going to 75%>>>

>>>The screen color was alway black>>>

If the screen was always black, how do you know the BIOS progress bar was stuck at  75% ?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NguyenTrung
    NguyenTrung Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

I maybe made some confused when i describe my laptop states. When I flashed bios by USB, result is alway that screen color is black. When is start at normal, It stuck when BIOS progress bar going to 75%.

• Jeybi
    Jeybi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    We have the same problem. have you solved it already? or did you just go to the technician?

• AlekseyYkt
    AlekseyYkt Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi guys the same problem has arisen, also stuck at 75%, acer aspire 4752-2336g50mn version of the laptop, can not find the SMOS jumper, strange motherboard, tell me how to be, self-made or do I have to go to the service?
  • vielle023
    vielle023 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    have u guys solved it yet. same problem with me! 🤔
  • Bline
    Bline Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with 4750G. This seems be a critical problem with this laptop. I tried many things but unsuccessful. I am very disappointed with this laptop. I probably will buy another laptop of another mark. It is impermissible for a computer to have the bios corrupted without any cause.
  • kael
    kael Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options

My wife turned off her Acer Aspire 4752 while it was updating windows. The result was that it wouldn’t boot further than 75% of the progress bar. I read all the posts, scoured the web and followed every suggestion and advice from countless people but nothing, absolutely nothing worked and the laptop would never go any further than 75% of the progress mark. My solution was to purchase a fully working bios CMOS chip from Taiwan – sold on eBay. On the 4752, the CMOS chip is hidden under the Wi-Fi card. Using Amtech solder flux, a fine tip soldering and or iron heat gun, remove the old CMOS chip and replace with the one from Taiwan. It immediately fully booted into windows 10 and has worked perfectly ever since.