"Cannot Connect to abFiles" in Notification Tray

biz_kid1
biz_kid1 Member Posts: 7 New User

I was receiving a "Cannot Connect to abFiles" message with a red X in the notification tray on my laptop.  I did some research and couldn't find any references to this error.  I was able to "fix" it by uninstalling and reinstalling abFiles, but doesn't this defeat the purpose?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may try to send a feedback and Acer BYOC apps team will help you resolve then issue.

Sending feedback in Windows Desktop

Open abPhoto, abMedia, or abDocs
    Select Help > About > Send Feedback.
    Type in your question and check Share system data and log then click Notify me via Email.
    Click Submit to send your information to us.

Sending feedback via the system tray

Launch Acer Portal .
    Right-click the Acer Portal icon in the system tray.
    Click Send Feedback.
    Type in your question and check Share system data and log then click Notify me via Email.
    Click Submit to send your information to the Acer BYOC apps team.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter

Did the notification you see abFiles_no connection.jpg?

If yes, please check the network on your laptop.

The notification is caused by no connection.

Thank you.

• biz_kid1

Yes, that's it. However, I had a network connection.  Most apps I have will at least allow a right-click exit, then I can force a re-launch and that should have solved it, but this app does not offer that.  A reboot didn't work either.  So an uninstall and reinstall is what worked.  But that's a bit extreme to maitain an app running.

• biz_kid1

I did a reboot and it did it again...got the red X in the notification tray, despite being connected to a network.

• Piotr811027
    Piotr811027 Member Posts: 1 New User

thx