Acer aspire v5 power management software not working

Options
wowens
wowens Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Lately my Acer will not wake up from sleep, has been shutting down on its own losing all my saved open windows sometimes not even leaving a history I can recover.  Now it is disabling the wireless adapter so I am not able to be online until it reboots.  I don't have an ethernet port so I have no other option.  A Google searched revealed to update the Power Management Software but I am not able to locate how to do this.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

please post the exact model and power management version:

V5-xxx

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • wowens
    Options

Acer Aspire V5-571P

I can not find the Power emanagement version.  I did see in a list of 'running' epowersvc said 'not available'.  No idea if that is the same software or not.

• wowens
    Options

I deleted existing and reinstalled.  It is working better so far.  There is a power button icon now in my taskbar.  It still went into hibernate at some point in the night.  I put it to sleep with the function key and had to wake it up with the power button.  I thought it had shut down like it had been doing but it booted fast and my browser windows were still open.  However, I do not have the power button set to wake it from hibernate.  I do not have any settings to ever go into hibernate other than shutting lid when on battery power.  Everything else is set to sleep.  I can not find anywhere else to change any settings.  

At least for now it isn't shutting all the way down.  Will let you know if something changes.  Thanks for your help!

• IronFly
    Options
  • wowens
    Options

I had computer plugged in, used function sleep button, leaving lid up on Sunday.  I didn't touch computer yesterday.  My husband said the screen was on so he shut lid before bed.  I came in today, it sounds like it is running  (two small blue lights were blue, when off one is orange) screen was black and keys did nothing.  I had to hold in power button for more than 5 seconds and it shut off.  Had to use power button to turn back on.  

Why is it doing this?  I notice that nothing is saved.  My recent tabs in Chrome I had open are not even saved in the list of 'recent tabs'.  

I want to come to my laptop and press a key and it be ready to work on but everytime I have to wait for it to boot up and get to all  my tabs again, etc.  This isn't even counting the Internet issues I am having.

I noticed that the wireless adapter was connected to the epower issues which is one reason I started this discussion.  Sometimes I can come in and it says wireless adapter isn't working.  I have to troubleshoot and it says it isn't turne on and troubleshoot turns it on for me.  

I got a new wireless modem/router but I was having the power issues before I got it.  I am not satisfied with it Netgear n300 so I have a Motorola I am going to try.

• wowens
    Options

So, my computer is STILL shutting down!!  I did find in control panel options: balanced, high performance and power saver.  Within those options you select your times but you can then go into advanced settings which I did.  Under hard disk I have it set to only turn off after 2880 minutes which is two days.  I had it plugged in last night, used the function button to put it to sleep, closed lid and this morning I had to turn it on from full boot up.

Why is this happening!!  One thing different is that it said Chrome did not shut down properly and did restore my tabs.  My desktop icons were askew as well which leads me to believe something different happened shutting it down but this needs to stop.

• IronFly
    Options

have you checked the close lid behaviour?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/choose-what-closing-the-laptop-lid-does

also, instead of put 2 days on HDD, set to never

• wowens
    Options

I typed in never on hard disk so we will see.

Closing lid has always been set to sleep when plugged in, hibernate on battery.

• rainierrenz10
    rainierrenz10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, i tried downloading the acer power management in this link http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/ePower/ePower_Acer_7.00.3006_W8x64_A.zip?acerid=634846656796333703&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-571P&OS=8P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

but the problem is after extracting the files, winrar diagnostics appears and it says "C:\Users\Rain\Desktop\ePower_Acer_7.00.3006_W8x64_A.zip: CRC failed in ePower_Acer_7.00.3006_W8x64\Power_Management_x64.msi. The file is corrupt"

Please help. I have problems with my laptop in the battery issues. It doesn't notifies me when my battery is critically low or if it's in 15%. Thanks in advance.