Webcam suddenly dropped in quality

RachaelHunter
RachaelHunter Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Smiley Very Happy 

I recently bought an acer v3 371 and was looking forward to using the webcam.  For the first few days it was fine quality but then suddenly, possibly after an update of some sort, the quality went down and now it looks really terrible.  I tried many things such as refreshing the computer back to default settings, installing various camera programs (I was using the standard camera that came with windows 8.1) such as Acer Crystal Eye but changing the resolution in these makes no difference at all to the terrible quality.  I look in device manager and it just seems to be a generic device 'HD Webcam' and the driver is from 2006, this seems to be the default one that windows selects but there must be a better one, I can't find it anywhere though. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device several times but again no effect.  I don't know exactly what the webcam is, because if you go to Acer's actual website to look for driver updates they list all of them EXCEPT the webcam drivers.  It's all a bit of an upsetting mystery Smiley Sad    Does anyone here know a solution?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

First, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the following link and see if that helps:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7316452_make-laptop-webcam-clearer.html

If the issue still persists, you can try enabling the option of automatic updates and see if that helps Windows to download the latest drivers for your webcam. To turn On the options of automatic updates, you can follow the steps below:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap 'Settings', and then tap 'Change PC settings'.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click 'Settings', and then click 'Change PC settings'.)
    2. Tap or click 'Update and recovery', and then tap or click 'Windows Update'.
    3. Tap or click 'Choose how updates get installed'.
    4. Under 'Important updates', choose 'Install updates automatically'. Allow some time for Windows to identify and download latest updates for your system.

If the issue still persists, you are advised to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/contacts

• Govind1801
    Govind1801 Member Posts: 19 New User

Please   reinstall the Cyberlink Webcam aplication for your computer. This webcam driver for nearest model of your computer, you can try and check it.

Here is the download link

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Camera/Camera_Cyberlink_1.5.2108.00_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634684175308135605&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIREV3-431&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.