Acer aspire V3 551-8469 power indicator light blinks several times but no power on.

Options
JoeWelsh
JoeWelsh Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V3 551 8469. It is out of warranty. The indicator power light blinks 4 to 5 times and nothing happens after.  I got adventurous and opened it up. I replaces the cord that receives the power coupling from the ac. Still not working. I was told it could be the motherboard but there is no guarantee that is the issue. Any one else out there have a similar problem? If it is the mother board I will just have to get one and put it in.

Thanks,

Joe W

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

A lot of times this situation is because the laptop isn't getting enough power to boot. It can also be a problem with the power jack connection or the power button board. I'd try another power supply first. Local computer shops usually have a universal power supply you could ask them to try if you can't beg or borrow one.

• JoeWelsh
    JoeWelsh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for replying. This was plugged directly to AC power strip at his school. No one else had any issues though.My son told me that he unplugged the laptop from the power source and the plug sparked. From then on this issue started. Since then I have plugged it directly into socket in wall. Same results with the blinking light.  I did replace the power cable from the input to the motherboard. I took a look at the board for the power button. I didnt see any residue or anything. So maybe a spike in electricity burnt out something. I can try to replace the power button board then after that maybe the mother board. Id like to think it was something less expensive to fix though.

Joe

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Maybbe it just damaged the power supply.Another thing to try is remove power and battery, hold power down for 30 seconds, plug in and start.Probably won't help, but doesn't hurt to try.