M5-581TG : fan control

Options
boscorelly
boscorelly Member Posts: 30

Tinkerer

Hi,

i have a m5-581TG, and when i use it by exemple, at start, or just when opening IE, or using Windows update, fan goes quickier. Even if the computer is cold.

Is that normal ?

After installing the computer, it was most of time at a high speed. But after installing softwares on acer website, it goes slower.

Anyone has an idea ?

Regards.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Even when the notebook is not under load, the system fan never stops running. With the power-saver profile activated, we measured an average of 34 dB (A) - still acceptable. The minimum is 32 dB (A). When the GPU and CPU are idling, but the maximum performance profile is activated, the fan spins up and reaches 36.3 dB (A). The system is now quite audible and maybe not suited for quiet environments. Under load, the cooling system of the M5-581TG gets pushed further - a high-performance GPU does require decent cooling - and reaches 40.7 dB (A). During our stress test (FurMark + Prime95), the system doesn't get much louder: we measured 41.6 dB (A)."

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-Timeline-Ultra-M5-581TG-Ultrabook.86415.0.html

My V3-551 does the same thing.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Even when the notebook is not under load, the system fan never stops running. With the power-saver profile activated, we measured an average of 34 dB (A) - still acceptable. The minimum is 32 dB (A). When the GPU and CPU are idling, but the maximum performance profile is activated, the fan spins up and reaches 36.3 dB (A). The system is now quite audible and maybe not suited for quiet environments. Under load, the cooling system of the M5-581TG gets pushed further - a high-performance GPU does require decent cooling - and reaches 40.7 dB (A). During our stress test (FurMark + Prime95), the system doesn't get much louder: we measured 41.6 dB (A)."

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-Timeline-Ultra-M5-581TG-Ultrabook.86415.0.html

My V3-551 does the same thing.