Lost Discs

Options
Leevis
Leevis Member Posts: 12 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi All

My daughter has managed to do a refresh on Windows 8.1 and this has removed Office (word, excel etc) and for the life of me i cannot find the discs that came with the laptop.

Been in touch with PC World where i bought it from and they cannot help, and suggested i contact Acer direct. Is there any way to get hold of these discs?

L

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Yes on your Acer store or you can restore your system like this.

Which Office version do you have?

Oups sorry for UK, you can contact your Acer Customer service in using the form or phone them.

France
  • Leevis
    Options

it was bought in December 2013 so will probably be Office 2007 (cant remember to be honest).

If i do the Alt F10 thing, does that install Office also ie it was on there when i bought it so would it come back automatically?

Windows is fine, its just Word etc that i need back

• laurent_14
    Options

Yes that re-install all system, applications and drivers.

Did you have Office 2010 Starter (only Word and Excel )and not Office 2007?

France
  • Leevis
    Options

Hmmmm

I have tried doing the ALT F10 thing and i am getting slightly different options to what is on the video

It says to press ALT F10 when the Acer logo appears, i have done that but i am seeing the following:

Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 8.1

Troubleshoot - Refresh or reset your PC, or use advanced tools

Turn Off Your PC

No sign of the eRecovery tool??

Help

• Leevis
    Options

Hmm found a tool, reset but no office (there is an office 365 but needs a code). I am pretty sure Word EXcel etc was there before but its still not there, any ideas?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Recovery would be the "Refresh or reset your PC".

• Leevis
    Options

I did the reset which bought it back to how it was when it was purchased but without word/excel. This is what is really need. Should it have reinstalled it (i am pretty sure that it was originally installed). Anyone know what i can do now to get word/excel back? I would have thought that it would have been there. I am quite sure that the only thing that we installed on it after we received it was Norton Antivirus as everything was already there. I really need this working Smiley Sad

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello Leevis,

1- Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

2- In which country do you live?

France
  • philetus
    Options

If Word/Excell had been on it originally, it would have been part of Microsoft office and the reset would have reinstalled it.

• laurent_14
    Options

@Philetus: Yes if you are right, the office license key should be on a label sticked on the laptop. But...

France
  • Leevis
    Options

It definately had it, i wouldnt have bought it if it didnt, Nearly all laptops bought here these days have office installed or word excel etc

As far as the serial number goes its (first 10) NXMFMEK002

• Leevis
    Options

I am in the UK

• laurent_14
    Options

Apparently you have MS Office professional 2013.

Have you found a Microsoft Office label sticked on your laptop?

France
  • Leevis
    Options

There is no label on the laptop, just an 8 windows 8 logo, very VERY annoying

• laurent_14
    Options

On the lower cover?

France
  • Leevis
    Options

Yes, underneath (on the bottom)

• laurent_14
    Options

Ok I think you'll find the Office license key.

France
  • Leevis
    Options

This is sooo annoying

• philetus
    Options

Download this, run it and see if it finds the office key.Download ProduKey for x64

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi All,

I just want to step in and provide some help here. Let me start by saying that I'm having to ask some questions to ensure that the process are similiar in the UK, but let me explain how it works in the US for now as it might help.

In the US, during the end of 2013 we shipped certain products with an MPI Card (Microsoft Product Identifier) which allowed the user to activate Office, download the applications and use them. This MPI card would have your product key and would need to be located to reactivate Office. We're not shipping discs in the US.

I do show that the unit (NX.MFMEK.002) did originally come with Office 2013. It doesn't tell me if it was preloaded or simliar to the MPI card I've described.

Cory

0223150934a.jpg