Acer E5 571G hdmi audio problem

Options
2»

Answers

• powerkiki
    powerkiki Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey, 

I am having the exact same symptoms as you did. Would you be able to give me any other kind of additionnal information about this issue ?

I would really appreciate it, if you could have any kind of hint about it. It's been days trying every single drivers, removing all of them and re-installing, with no luck on a Win 8.1 64 bit. I am going crazy here...

Specifically were you ever able to get the "complete" Nvidia panel ? I also hace only 3D settings available, and nothing else, nothing about audio...

• jebe88
    jebe88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same problem (no audio via HDMI) on my Broadwell-based e5-571g after installation of Win 8.1 64bit from scratch.

Contrary to what has been said before, the audio path for HDMI is not provided by the nVidia sub-system on that laptop. It uses a built-in one from Intel. Looking at the device manager I found a "High definition Audio Device" card in addition to the normal Realtek one with a driver from Microsoft attached to it. It turned out, that I had to install drivers from Intel for that device to make it work (I have a german Windows here, the wording in the english version my be different):

1. Download the appropriate Intel graphics driver from the Acer support page and unpack it. Don't run the setup.exe.

2. Open the device manager, expand "Audio, Video and Game controllers", right click on "High Definition Audio Device" and select "Update drivers"

3. Click on "Search computer for driver software", click on "Choose from a list..", click on "Have disk..." and navigate to the place where you unpacked the graphivs driver in step 1.

4. Enter the subdirectory named "DisplayAudio". There should be a file named IntcDAud.inf. Select it and click "Open", then "Ok" etc.,etc. and wait until the driver has been installed.

5. Back in the device manager the "High Definition Audio Device" should now show up as "Intel(R) Display-Audio". Reboot.

After opening the device manager again you'll notice that the audio device you just installed disappeared. Don't panic. As soon as you plug an audio capable device to the HDMI port, the sound card is activated and visible again. You can now open "Sound" from the control panel and tweak some settings to your needs.

Hope this helps.

• powerkiki
    powerkiki Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot ! this solved my issue Smiley Happy

• dedalus
    dedalus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Worked for me on Windows 10 HE.

Thanks a lot!