Possible to upgrade an Acer Aspire R7-371T?

Options
norgepiraten
norgepiraten Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a Acer Aspire R7-371T (NX.MQQED.010). Unfortunately the 256 GB SSD that it's shipped with doesn't fullfill my need. Does anyone of you know for sure whether the installed SSD and RAM is changable like in any other common laptop?

Thank you very much for your kind expertise and help!

Best regards,

David

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    This model supports SSD capacity of   128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s
    The Interface is  SATA 6.0 Gb/s, compatible with SATA1.5 Gb/s and 3.0 Gb/s
    This model supports maximum memory capacity up to 16 GB onboard

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• John_H
    John_H Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Hello,

First of all I'd like to apologize it, as it's not an answer for your question but a question about this again.

I've looked up many posting here and there and many people said SSD upgrade of R7-137T can be possible.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the details and some made me very confused, although I've learned that TWO M.2 SSDs are installed with RAID 0 (of factory setting).

If you already upgraded SSD(s), would you tell how you did? (Such as 2 Identical capacity SSDs in RAID 0 set, or ONE larger volume SSD in ACHI/SATA setting instead of RAID 0. or anything else..)

Thanks and B Regards

J H

• KEHinWA
    KEHinWA Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Memory no.. so get an 8GB unit.  it is hardwired on the machine. unless someone figures our a way to piggy back ram like they did in the Old Classic Mac days  you are stuck.

The HD is very different.  It has a two slot  M.2 sata interface.   The 371T comes with a single Kingston 256Mb M2 card installed.  you can add another in RAID and get screaming speed and double the capaciting.  Add one set it up as a new letter or new folder in Window.   Or remove the 256GB and put in a larger one.

Its an M.2 and they have different lenghts you want the 80mm which is the most common as there are not tie down screws for the shorter lenghth or 110mm formats.  If its a full speed m.2  drives that can go that fast are just coming out and are about twice the cost of others.    Most of them are near the price of the sata SSDs and the same speed.