Aspire V5-573G BIOS Upgrade

Technoviking
Technoviking Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Aspire V5-573G with the Nvidia 750GT and I was wondering whether it would be safe to upgrade to the new BIOS dated 20/Jan/2015.

Since there is a newer model of V5-573G with 850GT (and a previous BIOS upgrade noted support for N15P-GT VGA hybrid Graphics which is for the 850M), thought I would ask first before upgrading so that I don't kill my notebook with love.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

the last BIOS is ok for your version, they simply add support to newer VGA and other improvement.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

normally you update BIOS when you are facing some issues, if all works it's your choice to do it or not.

by the way if you follow the instructions, you will be 99% safe.

• Technoviking

Thanks IronFly. I am having a problem with the notebook shutting down abnormally (cuts power) when its battery level reaches 9%. Might be hardware problem. Thought I would try updating its BIOS to see if that solves the problem however.

But my original question was whether that specific BIOS version is compatible with my V5-573G or if its only for the newer one that came out in 2014. My guess would be that since both models share the same name V5-573G, it should be safe to upgrade to that. 

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

the last BIOS is ok for your version, they simply add support to newer VGA and other improvement.

• Technoviking

I found out that the same BIOS was used on the V5-573G and V5-473G model (which are much different) so BIOS is much more 'generic' than I initially thought. I went on and flashed version 2.30 without any issues. Will test if the problem with the battery level is solved. Thanks IronFly for your time and help.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy