Acer Aspire S5 headaches

Giljul15
Giljul15 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

Ever since I bought my laptop it has been unreliable. Any movement (picking it up etc, or altering the screen angle) has caused the screen to flicker, the laptop to freeze or crash, and several restarts. It has been fixed twice in the first six months, and I have spent the second six months not wanting to acknowledge my fail in purchasing.
Now I have a blue screen stating the PC needs to be repaired and the boot configuration data file is missing some information.
The store I bought it in (Denmark) needs me to courier it from where I live in Taiwan (throwing good money after bad), and Taiwan will not reply to my emails.
Can anyone recommend a fix, trashcan or contact in Taiwan before I throw this off the 10th floor in frustration?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

One thought: Acer Inc. 8F, 88, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd. Xizhi, New Taipei City 221, Taiwan

Most of the time the screen doing things when the laptop is moved or moving the screen id the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard is loose at one of the plugs, frayed, pinched cable.

Are you running Windows 7?

You can try to restore the MBR by booting with a Windows 7 install disk. If you don't have one, you can sign up at Technet and download a 90 day copy ISO.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20864-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record.html

• Giljul15
    Giljul15 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks, but I have struggled to find someone who is technical and has a good level of English.

Agree it is a likely solution, but loose wired have been fixed twice and a loose battery fixed as well. I would love to download but the laptop will not even start up now.

It has to be the worst purchase I have ever made as the laptop simply does not perform to the basic specifications.