Black screen with mouse cursor after boot

johnquinnjohnquinn Member Posts: 1

after I just installed windows 7 and rebooted after installed  updates  and drivers, I get a black screen with the mouse cursor working, but nothing happens.  I cant get past this, after ´starting windows´icon, the black screen comes up with the mouse and nothing is responding. I have tried everything, F10 and system restore and CMD and boot repair and removing battery, and safe mode does not work either, and I tried to connect another monitor but the screen shows the same black screen with the mouse cursor at every boot I try .

I am not able to enter bios. I press F2 but no bios, and pressing F12 does not work either. And pressing alt+ F10 only gives : /NOEXECUTE=OPTION, and some texts. I cant boot from the windows disk either since I cant choose boot options.

There is nothing wrong with the hardware for sure. I just have a black screen with the mouse cursor, I have tried everything, all sorts of command lines in CMD, nothing gets me back to windows.

I have tried to get it to boot up to CD drive so I can reinstall, but as I said, cant go to bios or  F12 or ALT+f10, and I dont have backup, just istalled windows 7 and all was well, windows update for drivers, reboot then boom, this happens and I been stuck for days now. has to be an update that made this happen. can anyone pease help me ? Smiley Happy   acer aspire V5-531 series.

FAQ & Answers

• -Justin-Justin Member Posts: 2,362 Seasoned Practitioner

Hello johnquinn,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571

You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:

1- Download the bios file on the acer support website

2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip

file with 7-zip

3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32

4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)

5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios