Acer Aspire Nitro v15 reports no battery unit present, after Windows 7 has been installed. Help pls

vlada-mv
vlada-mv Member Posts: 13 New User

Hi, I recently bouht a VN7-591G-75HT, without OS and then installed Win7. I didn't want to use Win8. Laptop works when pluged in, but it reports that there is no battery and that the battery is not charging. It doesn't even start when not on AC. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks

SNID:[edited for privacy]

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

I don't think not having the right Power Manager would keep it from starting on battery. From shutdown, try unplugging the power cord, locating the tiny hole in the bottom and gently pushing a paper clip into the hole until hou feel it click. This will reset the battery.If that doesn't fix it, you might have a bad battery.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓

I don't think not having the right Power Manager would keep it from starting on battery. From shutdown, try unplugging the power cord, locating the tiny hole in the bottom and gently pushing a paper clip into the hole until hou feel it click. This will reset the battery.If that doesn't fix it, you might have a bad battery.

• vlada-mv
    vlada-mv Member Posts: 13 New User

Noup, it didn't work. I can't get wireless or bluetooth to work either. Downloading drivers from the website as we speak. Could it be that the Win7 is causing the issue with the battery?

thanks 

• philetus

No. It should boot to post, even with no HDD. It could be possible that the battery plug inside didn't get plugged tightly and it came out,  it could have a hardware problem , and it could have a bad battery.

There are no Windows 7 drivers on Acer for a VN7-591G.