Acer Aspire V5-571PG CPU Fan proplem

Jipner16
Jipner16 Member Posts: 8 New User

I know a lot of people have the problem of having the fan start making grinding noises, so what needs to be done.  Is it a bearing of some sort, or is it touching the casing? 

So I have had a lot of trouble with this computer.  When I had my fan checked out, it was full of lint and stuff.  When the guy put everything back together it wouldn't boot up.  I don't have any warranty on this product I believe, as it was bought over the internet.  I may be wrong.  My hard drive had died.  It would spin up, but it made this wierd clinking noise, so I am told that might be the arm.  It is a while after now, but my fan is acting up again.  Here is a link to a video of the sound it is making.  Can anyone give me any advice?  It is really starting to bug me.Here

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello,

I've watched your video. I think the fan impeller rubs on something. A bad bearing whistles high or low (purring). 

France
  • Jipner16

So does it need to be replaced?  Can acer do something or do I just go to a local place for help?  It is a very random timing that it happens, and tapping helps a little.

• laurent_14

Your laptop is it under warranty?

France
  • Jipner16

I don't think I do as it has been over a year.

• laurent_14

Do you think being able to change it?

Could you give me the first ten characters of the serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Jipner16

I could not change it on my own as it is very complicated to take out all the motherboard and all, but I am sure I could find some expert help.  NXM49AA014  is that okay?

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Your laptop is an Aspire V5-571P-6698.

The part number of the heatsink with the fan is:

60.M2DN1.003 - HEATSINK CPU W FAN

France