Hi All,

Acer Liquid E2 Duo - non rooted with original Firmware

Android 4.2.2

Kernel 3.4.5

Build Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1

Bought phone in UK

Got this on my phone this morning

"A new system update is available (122MB)" - no other info

I would like to know what it is, incase it wipes everythin and I end up with a Korean version of Android Cupcake ;-)

Any help appreciated

Thanx

Answers

• angmores
    angmores Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi guys,

same for me this morning (15-Jan-2015)

I trusted the update but it ended with a installation error (in chinese...) I rebooted and now the phone is working as before.

The update is still pending.

Can be there some memory space issue too? My phone is pretty full.

Bought in Italy by Amazon

Acer Liquid E2 Duo - rooted but with original Firmware

Android 4.2.2

Kernel 3.4.5

Build Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Can be full internal storage or missing SD card or battery too low.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PoenaK
    PoenaK Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

So who is going to be brave enough to update and report the changes here ;-)

I am following an Italian site on this - translated to English

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/acer-liquid-e2/326714-aggiornamento-firmware-acer-liquid-e2-42.html

Speculation is it could be the Memory Partition fix but not KitKat

We just have to wait and see Smiley Sad

• ac-h
    ac-h Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've gone for it...

During the process I got message 'Installation de la mise à jour du système en cours...' which scared me a bit.

It completed OK but I've noticed no obvious changes.  Still Android version 4.2.2 Smiley Sad

• PoenaK
    Options

Thanx mate,

How does the free memory look now ?

• ac-h
    ac-h Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'm not sure exactly what "free memory" I'm looking for?

In settings/apps the Internal storage shows: 721MB used and 287MB free.  I think it had a lower free space before, but it fluctuates as I add/remove apps.

• PoenaK
    Options

Ok - Thanx for that

So, it is not the Memory Partition fix

Wish support will come here and clarify what it is

• Pauli535
    Pauli535 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    I have downloaded the update but when I tried to install it said it was missing root/uproot can't remember which. I chose no first and the update failed. Tried again got the same message so selected yes but the update still failed.
    Any ideas?
  • GoG
    GoG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I got "error" when updating after reboot.. idk if its the low space Smiley Surprised

PS: I made some free space.. but still error.. maybe its cuz i have root?

• JamesE2Duo
    JamesE2Duo Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I have asked Acer support about this but am dubious about getting a sensible comprehensible reply due to their generally poor support. Maybe one of the Acer people on the forum can help us...

I can't install the update because I have CWM (clockworkmod) installed as part of phoenix's solution to Acer's poor memory partitioning on this device and this just causes a reboot loop and installation of the update fails.

I was hoping it included a memory fix because then I could have installed the full update (483 MB) from the Acer downloads site to get rid of CWM and install the update but this would bring back the memory partition problem if it hasn't been fixed in yesterday's update.

• gwsw
    gwsw Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I load the update and start installation.

After reboot system stops with "No command"

No more possible.

Took out the battery and start new with the same result. No command.

Who can help.

• mrrog
    mrrog Member Posts: 42 New User
    Options

Shreps on XDA says its:-

drivers update : graphic, ril, modem, etc

• Pauli535
    Options
    Not gonna worry about it then, going out tomorrow to look at new phones - NOT Acer. The support from the board has been fab but Acer have been pants.
  • mrrog
    Options

I feel pretty much the same, considering a 2nd gen moto g, or the honor 3c, never an acer again.

But I really can't understand why updates to this phone have been dead for a year then they bring out one like this when its starting to look a bit long in the tooth, its almost as if there is nobody doing any planning in Acer, they're just doing what they feel like when they feel like it.

utter *****

• Pauli535
    Options
    Agreed utter *****, I have been considering the 2nd gen moto g too, or Samsung s3/s4/s5 mini depending on the price
  • marcopfr
    marcopfr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

So i also see this update and i started it... it downloads ok, system restarts and then "ERROR" message... i have my phone rooted but with the original ROM so i thought i cant be a system incompatibility.

Then i went to acer suport page and downloaded the ROM from there, restarted my phone in recovery mode, cleaned all data, chache, etc... tried to install the ROM throught the ZIP and surprisingly... IT FAILS AGAIN

I read somewhere that AAP.CHT diferent from WW.GEN1 (this one from my system) can be diferent configurations from diferent regions or something like that...

Can anyone confirm that??? and if its true why the hell is the update avalable if its not compatible :/

so, now i will have this notification of the update all the time, great job acer...

Acer Liquid E2 Duo - rooted

Android 4.2.2

Kernel 3.4.5

Build Acer_AV61_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1

and sorry for any english "ERROR" looool XD

Thanx

• mrrog
    Options

sorry, don't know much about configurations/regions, but if you want to get rid of the notification go to the app 'Acer Live Updater' and turn off notifications

needless to say you might want to turn it on every now and again or check this board to see if anything new has been issued

• asii
    asii Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, my Liquid E2 is Rooted and memory issue fixed. I cant install the update. I tried in 2 ways.

1st OTA automatically. When the phone reestarts and begin the instalation an error apears and the phone reboots automaticaly.

CMW-based Recovery v6.0.3.5

Finding update package...

E:unknown volume for path [SDCARD: alu/update.zip]

E: Can't mount SDCARD: alu/update.zip

Installation aborted

2nd: I reboot the phone in recovery mode -> install zip -> i choose the update.zip file:

Installing: /sdcard/alu/update.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Verifying current system..

assert failed: aply_patch_check("/system/app/Books.apk", "checksum bumber", "checksum bumber")

e: Error in /sdcard/alu/update.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted

Any idea?

Thank you!!

• alex19
    alex19 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello! I too have the same problem!
  • JamesE2Duo
    JamesE2Duo Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I have been told that the update is to upgrade Android from Jellybean to Kitkat!

However, I was told this by Acer support so I can't say that i'm 100% confident that it is...