Aspire R7-572 Wifi strength Issues

Options
Johnners45
Johnners45 Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased an Acer R7 about 1 and a half years ago. (My 1yr warranty ran out in Sept '14) I , like many others it appears, are having problems with the wifi strength. 

My roommate has an old Mac and when we do the internet speed test right next to each other my Acer registers a whopping 5Mbps DL speed and his Mac is up over 32Mbps DL speed. I like to stream alot and this is almost impossible on this laptop. I have already sent it back once about 3 months after I got it for a seperate issue and that was after paying $99 for tech support that did nothing except tell me to send it back, which I will add took me over 3 weeks to get my laptop back. 

I just bought a new wifi card (Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC) and installed that as that has seemed to work for others. My download speed increase from 5Mbps to 5.8Mbps... So I tried to contact customer support but because it is no longer under warranty they want me to pay another $99 just to troubleshoot the problem.

I am really frustrated at this point and dont know what else to do... I cant sell the laptop because il get atleast $500 less than I originally paid for it. I am not going to pay $99 again for someone to tell me I have to send it back.

I cant believe how poor Acer's customer service has been through all of this and I will NEVER buy Acer again, but for now am stuck with these slow wifi speeds on my $1200 laptop... Any suggestions?

Answers