Acer iconia tab 8 (A1-840) doesn't respond to power/vol up reset.

Options
2»

Answers

• Barnaby
    Barnaby Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Model # a1-840_2Cws_316T

Build #  Acer_AVOK1_A1-840_1.061.00_WW_GEN1

Part #  NT.L6FAA.001

Manufacture date Sept 2014

Thank you for looking into this.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you tried the press power and hold 30 seconds? It will force a full power off, allowing to start normally. This is typically the fix if you have a runaway app blocking use.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Barnaby
    Barnaby Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

billsey wrote:

Have you tried the press power and hold 30 seconds? It will force a full power off, allowing to start normally. This is typically the fix if you have a runaway app blocking use.

This issue, as has been described, concerns getting the tablet to wake up from sleep mode. There are some additional issues that I and a few others have had with the tablet rebooting all by itself for no reason during sleep. Everything seems to be connected to how this particular tablet sleeps. We have never had any issue with it while actively using it. The problems only happen when the tablet has entered sleep.

• wbandrews
    wbandrews Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

All of you do realize that the Iconia Tab 8 is not a new model, right? It's an A1-840, which explains why the machine won't wake up from sleeping. Acer has had plenty of time to address and fix this issue, yet they haven't. I would be surprised if it ever gets corrected.