Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Frustrated with erratic behavior Aspire V5 572P

This is my fourth Acer laptop.  I purchased the Aspire V5 572P because my 2-year-old Windows 7 Aspire was stolen during a house break-in.  It's bad enough putting up with Windows 8.1, but this new touchpad is absolutely infuriating.  I've loved my previous three Acers, but I can't tell you how many times I've had to count to 10 before chucking this hateful product across the room.  I get it...  a smart phone has a small screen and has severe limitations, therefore requiring all the swiping and telescoping touch technology to get by.  Ladies and gentlemen - THIS IS A LAPTOP!  It doesn't need all those bloody stupid contortions in order to work.  The existing touchpad technology did everything quite well.  This little demon operates erratically.  Sometimes it leaps three screens at a time and sometimes the little bugger won't move at all.  I gently scroll up with my two fingers instead of using the scroll bar and end up selecting the whole web page.  At other times the page "bounces" as if the content were made of rubber and the top of the screen were made of brick.  Mind you, I'm not some poor sap who doesn't approve of change or doesn't adapt well to new technology.  I'm the IT go-to guy at work.  I always have been wherever I go.  I HATE this touchpad and I HATE this Acer.  Someone please reassure me that it will get better with time.  It's been four days now - I don't get angry or curse, but I've done nothing but get angry and curse since I brought this banshee from the dark side home...

FAQ & Answers