Aspire Switch 11 - SATA cable for SSD in keyboard?

Options
2»

Answers

• DEUScronio
    DEUScronio Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi! 

Where you buyed the acer? Try to contact Acer and ask them where you can get the hd cable.

• booh123
    booh123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

For European/German users: You can buy the HDD.Cable 50.L66N5.001 here:

sb-electronics.

Thanks for sharing the Part# which helped me a lot.

• RFNM
    RFNM Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    Options
    • DEUScronio First - i'm not from Germany, iam from Portugal!

Sorry about that, the link you provided in an earlier post was for a German site. I jumped to a conclusion as to your location based on that...

Glad to see that you have also had a successful install Smiley Very Happy

• charae32 - Can you store and move apps to the hdd/ssd to free up space?

I've not had a great deal of time to work with it yet but have installed Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop and Illustrator onto the SSD and they seem to work as well as could be expected given the specification of the Switch 11. They wouldn't install onto the SD card on the grounds that it was removable media.

Obviously the SSD disappears when you detach the tablet section. I'm glad to say that it appears again and is usable when you reattach to the keyboard.

• less_crisis - Do you have any suggestion as to where can I buy this cable and have it shipped to my country?

I think you'll have to find a supplier in your country or at least region, maybe start with the importer, or find a supplier elsewhere who would be willing to ship to you. Try emailing those suppliers already mentioned in this thread. Acer products are, I believe, made in Taiwan.

• tropi71
    tropi71 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Great! I did it...thanks for your help

Pietro

Italy

• shipingchen
    shipingchen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello RFNM, I am trying to add a 2nd SSD into Aspire Switch 11 keyboard, I read your post and it seems to me you added a 2nd SSD into Switch 11 keyboard successfully with a Acer cable 50.L66N5.001. So I ordered cable 50.L66N5.001 and a 240GB SSD, the cable connects the SSD to a socket connector on PCB in keyboard perfectly, I guess, as the way you did, but my problem is: after I installed the SSD in keyboard and plugged Switch 11 upper part onto the keyboard and rebooted Switch 11, the Windows 10 OS can not see the new 240GB SSD I just added inside the keyboard. I also tried for entering the disk management module in Windows 10, but still disk management module can not see the new SSD added in the keyboard. Could you please shed some light on how to make Windows 10 to recognize a 2nd SSD added onto Aspire Switch 11 keyboard?

Thank you very much in advance.