Aspire E5-571 G Touchpad

alexflp28
alexflp28 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Bought yesterday an Aspire E5-571 G.Installed all drivers.I am sick of looking for the touchpad driver.I installed all from acer site and it's not working.What should I do?

Answers

• Hello,

See this tutorial to find the right driver.

France
  • alexflp28

Thanks for reply,in the device manager touchpad doesn't show up.Why acer doesn't put the correct drivers on their site?

• alexflp28

help?

• Hello,

Are you signed in to Windows as an administrator?

France
  • alexflp28

yes..still not working.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Have you tried the Elantech driver?

• Hello,

Check this:

Select Start --> Control Panel --> Mouse icon to open the Mouse Properties --> Select the last tab (Elantech or Device settings)

France
  • alexflp28

Doesn't show anything there (Elan or something)

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If it's not showing up in device manager at all after all you've done, it may be a defective touchpad.

• sachit_studious
    sachit_studious Member Posts: 1 New User

I have been trying to install either Elan or Synaptics drivers. I have tried many different ways to install the drivers but everytime I get the same error for both of these drivers. I KNOW that the drivers im using are the latest ones but the error still occurs. When i do click on "Scan for hardware changes", this drivers reverts back to the generic HID-compliant device drivers. i would really like to make use of all the touchpad features that come with windows 8 but right now i only have normal mouse and 2 finger scroll. please help!Touchpad Error.jpg

System Information.jpg

• axion
    axion Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, 

I have the same problem.

Please could you help?

My HardwareID is :

HID\VEN_SYN&DEV_1B7E&Col01

I also tried the standard driver. But could not see any vendor tabs at the mouse control. And no gestures are working.

My model is Acer Aspire E5-571-546C OS: win 8.1

• huudungle
    huudungle Member Posts: 17 New User

May 2015: I tested a brand new ES-571 during 2 days, then return the unit to Acer for repair Touchpad. After 4 times shipping back and forth, Acer accepts to replace with another model. I choose one model, now they drag their feet ... Does not want to ship fast.

Aug 2015 : Still waiting. Client does not a laptop.

This is the lesson : - Client should not waste time to test with different drivers. It is the job of Acer.

- Even Acer cannot solve that Touchpad problem.

- Acer does not really care about putting out a good product.

- Service after sales STINGS.

- Client should revisit Acer only in 2018, 2019... Hoping that they will finish with the defective batch of product.

• CHUTOLABAS
    CHUTOLABAS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im sorry, Im late, but just install a Serial IO driver, somehow have a conection with pad... regards
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>> just install a Serial IO driver>>>

Thanks for the input. What was your installation procedure? Thanks again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ