Availability of XB280HK and XB270HU in Australia?

Options
Nomad_Troll
Nomad_Troll Member Posts: 1 New User

Just wondering if an Acer mod can shed any light on when these monitors are going to be available in Australia? The XB280 has been out for week in Europe and the US but as yet is nowhere to be seen here. I suspect the newly announced XB270 may share the same position, either being highly delayed or never being made available.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Nomad_Troll,

I've received an update regarding the the XB280HK is currently planned to be available in Q1 2015 while the XB270HU is scheduled for Q2 2015.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• Bradyey
    Bradyey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Can we get a more up to date time on the availability of the XB270HU?

Or is there some way I can be notified when they do become available?
    Cheers.

• Zombie_Steve
    Zombie_Steve Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Availability of this monitor (Acer Predator XB270HU) in Australia isn't great (understatement).  PCCaseGear got in a small amount, which sold out within a couple of days. I missed the boat due to being out of town on a course.

Now everyone's stock arrivals are marked either May or June.  Might as well hold my coin until August for the Acer Predator XR341CK instead  Smiley Sad.

But seriously - I expected to see these screens everywhere, not in "blink and you'll miss it" numbers.  Very excited for the Predator series of screens to be available for purchase, but trying to buy one in Australia is feeling a bit like hunting the snark.

• Zombie_Steve
    Zombie_Steve Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I finally got my screen (XB270HU).  The stand clipped in straight, no dead, bright or stuck pixels, and initially I thought I had backlight bleed, but after standing and facing level with each corner of the screen I found that it was actually IPS Glow.  After tuning the screens brightness and contrast, setting gamma to gaming, and rearranging the desk and moving it back a bit, even this is no longer an issue.

1440p and g-sync is a revelation.  The grit i've discovered behind the glass on the right side was also.  Acer refused to replace under DOA within 30 days of purchase, as they'll only deal DOA within 30 days with the vendor.  Only options are to either send it off to have the assembly workers sandwich removed from inside the screen, and to live without it's awesomeness for a couple of weeks, or to live with said sandwich and to make it part of the family.  I am worried that if it's couriered again that i'll be risking potential damage...  it might be best to live with it, as the grit/dirt/sammich is only visible against a white background (so when browsing, writing etc...).

Quality control Acer - there's no point sculpting a masterpiece, to discover after it's unveiled at the gallery that it has two left feet!