Iconia w4-820 will support a 128GB High speed microSDHC class 10 ?

Options
ebrito
ebrito Member Posts: 8 New User

I wonder if windows 8.1(32 bits) in the Iconia w4-820 will support a 128GB High speed microSDHC class 10 uhs-1.

I have installed a 64GB High speed microSDHC class 10 uhs-1

Thanks 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I have seen mention that it will but do not have one myself.

• redjge
    redjge Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi,

i've tried 64GB SDHC and windows formatted it to EXFAT and was able to handle i successfully without problems.

i beleive with that card size and as long as it was formatted as EXFAT windows and W4-820 can recognize/support it 

• ebrito
    Options

That told me a customer of amazon.

I think I'll wait a while before spending my money

Thanks

• ebrito
    Options

I'll wait a while before spending my money

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It is worth mentioning that there is no such thing as a 64GB microSDHC. SDHC maxes out at 32GB, 64GB and larger require SDXC instead. That being said I had no problem with a 64GB card in a W4 when I tested. If the SD slot is officially only SDHC then you will likely be able to use SDXC cards, but not format them or use the highest speeds.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I regularly use 64 GB SDXCs, With any tab I know the speed will be limited to about 20 Mb/s by the circuitry.

A 128GB will use more power and whether that will be an issue I do not know & for $60 have no need to find out.

• ebrito
    Options

My mistake.

Sorry

The card I am currently using is a micro 64GB sdxc exfat formatted.

My question is if anyone knows if the Iconia W4-820 2466 (64 Hard Drive) will suport a micro 128GB sdxc?

• sweetkiller
    sweetkiller Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

WIN_20150220_043223.JPG

hello everyone..

I just bought a 128gb micro SDXC UHS-1 Card from aliexpress (pretty sweet deal for $15), formatted it to NTFS and its working like a charm. The average write speed that i was about to get was 14 mbs/s, where as the average read speed was much higher at 35 mbs/s.

Really happy with the card and its overall performance. And,i didnt find any change in my battery life whatsoever.

Thanks !

• ebrito
    Options

Thank:

You got a really good bargain