video glitch using micro HDMI

FrankNeutral
FrankNeutral Member Posts: 2 New User
I have an acer aspire s7 391 and I use the micro HDMI port and adapter that came with the laptop to connect to a monitor or a TV in my room all the time. Today this video glitch showed up in the same place on the monitor and the TV. It sometimes goes away if there is no activity at all on the laptop. I took a picture to make it easier to describe. It's not a static glitch it constantly flickers. http://imgur.com/gXJYjhm
I can't find anything online about something like this. If anyone has any information on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm almost at the last straw with this laptop, its been a bundle of annoying problems since I got it.

Any help would be great, please. It might be relevant that yesterday I got a BSOD but the error code was long and it restarted too fast for me to catch it, was working normally directly afterwards though.

Answers

• FrankNeutral
    FrankNeutral Member Posts: 2 New User
    It turns out that the glitch only affects the secondary screen so I turned off the laptop screen and projected only to the monitor. This got rid of the glitch on the monitor. I would still love a real fix as I use dual screens often and its quite useful.