Can I reset a C710-2457 Chromebook, it won't power up?

jmm109
jmm109 Member Posts: 3 New User

My sons C710 won't power up, we ordered a new battery (aftermarket) and we charged the battery overnight, still not powering up. I pulled the batttery from my daughters working Chrome book the same model and still didn't power up. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Hi,

Does the unit work only with the charger connected,. if not you may call Acer if the unit under warranty or local tech as the issue is with the computer
  • jmm109

Thank You for the reply, the computer won't power up even with the charger plugged in, I also checked the charger, both charges we have are ok.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Just to clarify, when you say won't power on, you mean no lights or anything correct? Or is it powering on, but just not loading?

I would suggest doing what is called a power reset. Remove the AC adapter and Battery, hold the power button for 10-20 seconds and then plug the AC Adapter back in an try to see if you get any power indications.

If after the power reset you truly getting no power it sounds like the machine may need to be serviced.

• jmm109

Thank you for your reply. I attempted the procedure you suggested and the only result is that the lights on front edge ligt up (power-blue and charging -orange),when I open the screen both lights went out and pressing the power button gave no result. Any suggestions?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Unfortunately, it sounds like the machine would need to be serviced at this point.

Cory