ES1-511-C590, how to recover from recovery partition?

Options
bugmenot
bugmenot Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I bought an ES1-511-C590. It came with Windows 8.1 with Bing. It has a built-in recovery partition named push button recovery or something.

I really do not like built-in recovery mechanism on the same HDD. I perfer a DVD/USB or any external media.I wanted to export that recovery parititon to a DVD/USB. I searched the web and found that I needed to use Acer eRecovery Managment application. But mine did not came with that software, and I could not find it on Acer's web site either.

I installed Windows 10 on it. I did not like this laptop, so I decided to sell it. Now, I want to make it to factory settings. Pressing Alt + F10 showed some kind of error, like it cannot verify the signature of winload.efi. I thought Windows 10 somehow messed it up. So I installed normal Windows 8.1 Pro I had. Then tried Alt + F10. Now, it did not show that winload.efi error, but it asks me to insert a recevery media. That is, it does not recognise the recovery partition.

By the way, the screen of Alt + F10 looked like stock Windows 8.1 screen from Microsoft, not Acer. When I watched it on their web site, it showed some kind of Acer recovery program. Is this normal?

What happened? Is my recovery feature broken? I can still see the recovery partition (11.03GB), why can't I recover it? Please let me know if there is any method to recover the factory state.

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options

Hi,

Sorry that you had troubles using acer recovery manager, but at this point we dont find any options to use,. the bset suggested is to purchase recovery media from Acer,.