Acer Aspire V5 - screen keeps going black - and PC is not asleep

MissChilli
MissChilli Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello Acer Community Woman LOL

I've been experiencing a few issues recently with my Acer Aspire V5 so I did a return to factory settings (Full wipe).

I've come home today and the screen keeps on going black even though the computer isn't asleep.  I move the mouse, and I see the desktop again, but then after less than a second, it goes black again.

There is no screen saver applied.  This is probably user error, but has anybody else experienced this before and if so, how do I resolve without having to take it to the repair shop.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• MissChilli
    Answer ✓

Just in case anybody else has the same issue, a few re-boots and an update appear to have sorted out the problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Probably was changed something on the power options related to the monitor stand-by.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MissChilli

Hi IronFly

Thanks for the very quick response.

I don't think it is to do with the monitor standby as it was OK after the reboot.  I have done the IT thing and turned it on and off again and it was ok for a short while, then it's gone into the cycle of dark screen again.  Move mouse it's ok for a nano second.  But this time, it's not enough time to navigate to a particular area.

I think there are underlying problems with this machine as it's been playing up for a while.  I think it may need to be retired! (even though it is less than 2 years old) Robot Sad

• MissChilli
    Answer ✓

Just in case anybody else has the same issue, a few re-boots and an update appear to have sorted out the problem.

• EllieChis
    EllieChis Member Posts: 1 New User

Bought the computer yesterday ( Acer Aspire U touch) and screen is turning black every so often and im not sure why... called the help line and was told there is two programes sort of fighting each other so deleted both as we were told to and then did a reset... after the call the black screen still happened so left my computer over night (shut dow) to see if there was any improve ments... unfortunetly not... black screen still persisting and not sure what to do next any help and advice would be much apprieciated Smiley Happy

thanks in advance....

• Karnak
    Karnak Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same issue. I have adjusted the screen saver, lock screen, and Power Management programs. Nothing seems to work here to keep screen from going black, as if in to power saving after about 1 min of not using device.

Any help, updates, etc would be welcome, thanks.
  • Deecon
    Deecon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with screen flipping from working screen to black. The screen comes back on for a second or two when I move the mouse etc. Any ideas?
    deecon
  • cperry004
    cperry004 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue.  Mine did not do it when I first bought it but