McAfee white screen, and Windows 8 apps not working

Options
ricardd
ricardd Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I have had issues with a variety of Windows 8 apps not working properly. For example, the weather tile shows up fine as a tile, but then when I click on it it just has the rotating balls (hourglass replacement) and doesn't do anything. Same thing for Windows store, rotating balls and nothing else. Skype is also not working.

Not sure whether it is related to the McAfee internet security suite, because all I get when I load that is a white window.

This is on an Aspire One AO756 purchased in late 2012, and whose serial number is unbelievably not recognised by the Acer support website (I posted about that yesterday but didn't hear anything back).

Not impressed with either Windows 8 or Acer at this stage.

Best Answer

• ricardd
    Answer ✓
    Options

I ended up purchasing a new McAfee product as the Internet Security Suite that was preloaded on my netbook was expired. The installation was not easy and I had to contact McAfee support. I ended up having to 1) remove and reinstall Java, 2) remove all McAfee software and 3) reinstall McAfee. 

That ended up resolving all the issues I was having with McAfee and with Windows 8.

I am still interested in hearing why my netbook's serial number is not recognised by Acer support.

Answers

• ricardd
    Answer ✓
    Options

I ended up purchasing a new McAfee product as the Internet Security Suite that was preloaded on my netbook was expired. The installation was not easy and I had to contact McAfee support. I ended up having to 1) remove and reinstall Java, 2) remove all McAfee software and 3) reinstall McAfee. 

That ended up resolving all the issues I was having with McAfee and with Windows 8.

I am still interested in hearing why my netbook's serial number is not recognised by Acer support.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I am not sure why your serial number was not recognized by our support site. If you send me the serial number in a private message, I will be happy to look into this. You can get the serial number in your computer's BIOS if it is not readable on the label.

• BC
    BC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have almost the same problem. The serial number was not excepted in the support mail form, so I hope to get some answers here. My pc is an Aspire V3-571G, 2 months old, with Windows 8.

Most of the tiles/apps will not snart. Some seem to start, but nothing happens. In others there will just be a white screen. Since you mentioned problems with McAfee; I removed McAfee because I have an active subscription on Norton, so I installed that instead. I think the problems started after that. Can somebody help?

• samour015
    samour015 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I want a complet McAfee for free

This discussion has been closed.