If I uncheck the Comm Emails box, will I still be notified if someone Answers my Question?

vankjeff
vankjeff Member Posts: 24 New User

I asked a Question but I really only want to know when or if someone Answers it. I don't need any other emails right now.

ACER My Settings

Comments

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi vankjeff,

Good question.  First, the image you posted displays the correct setting to receive notifications.  If you check the box, "Don't send me any community emails" you will not be notified if replies to your topic are posted.

You will not receive any 'spam' email from the Acer community; only email related to your topics and activity in the community.

By default, you will be notified by email when someone posts a reply to a topic you started or participated in. You will also be notified if you manually select to subscribe to a topic of interest in which you have not participated. You can confirm this by going to My settings > Subscriptions and Notifications > Notification settings.  They should appear like this:

Acer-notifications.png

You will also receive an email notification if someone sends you a Private Message or your rank in the community changes.  In order to help improve the community experience, you may be prompted via email after seven days to review replies to a topic you started to determine if you consider any to be a solution.

You can read more about subscriptions here.

So, as you can see the only email you will get from the Acer Community deals strictly with your activity here.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.