updated acer portal today. no longer saves documents and deleted the ones that were there.

verene
verene Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I updated acer portal today, which deleted all the current documents backed up there. In addition new saved documents don't back up to abdocs. Abfiles won't open at all. It simply says it needs to update before opening. I click yes but it never finishes updating. Hoping there's an update to fix coming next week. It would also be nice if I could drag and drop documents to abdocs to replace the copies I did have backed up there. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Honeybee
    Honeybee Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi verene:

About your question, abDocs does not support to save documents by other ways at present.

We’ll record the item you mentioned about the ways for editing and saving documents.

The concept of abDocs is not “storage” so keeps the documents up to 30 days. You can use abDocs to edit and browse recent documents

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I haven't personally heard anyone with this particular issue, but I would recommend uninstalling the ab apps, then reinstall and try updating them again.

• verene

Tinkerer

I reinstalled the ab apps (though i can't figure out where to redownload the portal) and it now saves again. That doesn't really help with all the previous documents which disappeared. Would be nice if abdocs had an import folder feature like abphoto and abmusic. I'm not about to go back through all my documents and make a change so they'll back up to abdocs.

Thanks for your help.

• Honeybee
    Hi verene: About your question, files which save in abDocs will be synchronized on Acer BYOC Apps and available for 30 days from the day they were modified. After 30 days, you need to re-save these files in abDocs.
  • verene

Tinkerer

Thanks to both. But is there no way to save them to abdocs other than editing and saving the file to documents? If that's the only way and it only lasts for 30 days then what exactly is the point of abdocs? 

• Honeybee
    Answer ✓

Hi verene:

About your question, abDocs does not support to save documents by other ways at present.

We’ll record the item you mentioned about the ways for editing and saving documents.

The concept of abDocs is not “storage” so keeps the documents up to 30 days. You can use abDocs to edit and browse recent documents