Aspire V3 472P 35FZ touch pad and mouse not working.....still

Options
onepuch
onepuch Member Posts: 4 New User

I have tried all the other tips and driver downloads, removing battery, reloading drivers, sleep "wake up", all with temporary success. Acer says to refresh the computer, that does not work either. It is new with about 20 hours on it. I took the first machine back to retailer and same horse shi& with the new machine. 

Clearly this is an issue with Acer notebook touchpads and at least in my case W8.1. That is why google is littered with search titles for acer touch pads not working.

Has any one sent the machine for repairs and had that fix it? Or am i destined to use a external mouse or keyboard? 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the computer.
    Have you tried to press and hold the Fn key and tap the F7 key to check if the touchpad is working.
    This could have happened when windows 8.1 updates were automatically installed on your computer.
    As per the model number there seems to be no such issues reported for this model.
    You  may also refresh the device under "human interface devices" in device manager and restart your computer.

If the issue perists you may rest your computer to factroy settings to chekc the issue

• onepuch
    Options

Thank you for your suggestions,

Appreciate it,

But....I Did all that. Some of them many times over. It works PEFECTLY with a external key board/mouse. So, it makes me think there is a problem with teh device that there is no hardware or software resolutions for. It is too frustruating to use with the divices that came with it, as it takes 20 minutes to type an email the size of this message. Not acceptable. If you have to bypass OEM equipment  Acer should recall the device and be fair about it. It behaved like this 5 hours after purchase. I took the first machine back becasue i thought  it was fu$&ed. Same with lap top # two so this is not an isolated incident. If this was a new car i would have crashed it and died by now. 

• onepuch
    Options

With the issue of touchpads that dont work, has any one had success with sending the machine in for repair that resolved freezing and non-responsive touch pads? 

Drivers dont seem to work or help. External mouse/keyboard works perfectly so can they install/repair   Va working touch pad? 

• onepuch
    Options

Now there is no driver listed at all on the Acer site for the touch pad?

http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/drivers

The new one from here wont DL and gets an error?

http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php#info_content

Should i give up and just send the laptop in? 

• enlightened
    enlightened Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Same problem. Mine is an Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-511-C59V running Windows 8

Story:

Well it crashed! It was 3 months old and one time when I went to boot it wouldn't boot. The GUI and a blank screen that is all. Took it to the computer shop and they reinstalled Windows but since than the touchpad won't work. I have to use an external mouse. Ya i think I'm doomed... This is very irking... I haven't found any kind of fix or software patch from ACER seems to me there ought to be something out there. I have installed the driver software...  at least I tried. It says installed succefully but never works. Doesn't even show up in the driver software.... Any solutions Acer Techs. There ought to be a simple fix to this..

• Jcarpe
    Jcarpe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. Returned the first one and now the replacement is doing the same thing from day 1. Mine is Acer Aspire E15 Touch E5-511P-c98M. So flippin' frustrating!!!! C'mon Acer what do we do to get this thing fixed?
  • enlightened
    enlightened Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Goodness! I know how you feel! You're a lucky fellow to even have insurance on the thing. I DON'T. I tried a little different stategy. I bought an SSD and had Windows 7 installed on it. I at least have my GUI back but Acer doesn't have the touchpad driver for Windows 7 on this model. Smiley Sad I just bought a Lenovo and plan to use that for my work and retire this thing. I would really like to install Linux on it but I can't boot for some reason I can't boot from a pendrive. It just doesn't have the option. It used to until Win 8 crashed and now it doesn't...  Got me stumped!

• THEMOOK
    THEMOOK Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i have the v3-772g. for no reason whatsoever, my pad will not play well with my cursor. fn+f7 does nothing or takes forever to do something. its so bad, amazon wont even sell it anymore. dont companies test drive their products anymore ?

acer has our money so they no longer have to care.....and it shows