Aspire 5551 charging probelm

Options
refaati
refaati Member Posts: 4 New User

The battery of my Acer Aspire v5 died while it was copying files over wireless.  The batter was very low, but i thought that i could squeeze in the file copy anways.  Well, i was wrong.  The battery died, and now it refuses to charge. When i try to turn it on, the battery light flashes 5 times and it does NOT turn on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

refaati

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Will it start and run with the power supply?

• refaati
    Options

No, it won't work at all.  i even tried the battery reset at the bottom, but that didn't work either.  i tried to hold the power button for 30 seconds, and that didn't work either.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It should run plugged in even with a dead battery. Check or have someone check your power supply. It is probably defective.

If it won't work with a known good power supply you probably have a motherboard problem, but the way you explained it quit, it sounds like the power supply quit and when the battery ran down it shut off.

• refaati
    Options

Thanks, philetus! i appreciate your prompt responses.  i'll probably take it back to the store.  it's only been less than a year.  i hope it's still under warranty.

• refaati
    Options

it's the power supply!  i used a dfferent power supply and it worked right away.  Thanks again for all your help.