windows 8 will not boot unless i hit f12 and select efi dvice windows boot manager

Options
bassbean
bassbean Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello I have an acer laptop e1-571 with windows 8. the mb failed ordered a new one installed it. on boot now i get no bootable devic. The bios shows the hard drive and its the first in the boot order. If i hit f12 after powering on to access boot options the 3rd choice is efi device windows boot manager. If i select that it boots normally and runs fine. is their a way to boot the machine without having to hit f12 everytime and slecting efi device to boot to windows? i tried updating the bioas as well.  thanks for your help

Answers

• Sharanji
    Options

Hi..

Select the boot mode as UEFI in boot tab and you need to set the first boot device as Windows boot manager to fix this issue.

-First unplug the hdds that will not be the OS drive
    -Set In BIOS the sata area to be AHCI
    -Make Sure your Windows install media (being disc or usb) is UEFI version
    -put it in and hit F8 when pc boots up till you see the boot menu
    -pick what ever your install media is with the UEFI in front of it
    -install custom then when it shows disks hit advanced and delete all partitions then make one new one it will create I think three partitions that windows uses then install like normal from there.
    -once windows is installed, go to  BIOS under i think its last tab under hdd priority set your boot drive to first, then under boot device pick your OS drive or Windows boot manager. save settings and you should be good.

• bassbean
    bassbean Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hello, thank you for your help, does this mean i have to erase the whole hard drive? also i am not sure the discs support ueif mode they are the factory recovery discs from acer.

This discussion has been closed.