HELP! Can I install Windows 7 on Acer Iconia W510

Cristianeon
Cristianeon Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Everybody!

I have an Acer Iconia W510 and I would like to install Windows 7 on it... I don't like Windows 8...

Could you help me?

Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain Smiley Very Happy

Best regads Smiley Very Happy

PD: Windows 7 or another OS... I don't like W8, too slow for this Tablet I think

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer

Your tablet was designed for Windows 8/8.1 and IIRC there aren't Windows 7 drivers for some of the components. That doesn't mean it won't work (unless some of the fanless cooling is handled by OS specific drivers) but it does mean that it will likely be quite an effort getting any alternate OS up and running as well as the newer OSes. What specific tasks are you seeing performance issues with? Have you done the Windows 8.1 upgrade?

BTW, your English is light years beyond my Spanish. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cristianeon
    Cristianeon Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks!

I need it for University, so: Office, Internet, and some Multimedia (YouTube, watch some videos, music...).

Thats all...

But I prefer W7 than W8.1, so.... Is it possible? I don't know how to install W7... **bleep**ing UEFI...

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

It is possible but the problem is that v8.x has the Intel power management and acccelleration drivers needed for the ventless design. On 7.0 it will be slow and may overheat. Further specific things like the HDMI and Bluetooth may not work. It is really best to stay on 8.0/8.1.

This discussion has been closed.