bios updates for e627

Options
databaseben
databaseben Member Posts: 14 New User

after replacing my cmos battery on a e627 laptop, i find that the system doesn't keep time very well "but does" keep the date, ie day, month and year accurately.

perhaps, it wouldnt hurt to update the bios just in case i fiddle with something prior to realizing the cmos battery needed to be replaced.  if i recall, i might of shorted a couple of pins in accordance to the e627 manual but the step didnt help.

in any case, the built in bios updater program that came with the machine is no longer able to access the assigned ftp servers, which i am sure that acer took them down or changed them and did not provide us customers with an update to the updater.

if anyone know where i can download the e627 bios update, i hope you can provide this info as i have been searching the acer.com and google.com for a good while with little success for finding any trustworthy site in america.

thanks.

ps: at this time i think my bios is like 1.09 version and maybe the latest is 1.11.

~dbben

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,053 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello databaseben,

You'll find the bios updates on emachines.com. Click on "All".

For eMachines E627:

BIOSeMachinesModifies 'Exit Discarding Changes' strings in BIOS setup configuration.1.112.5 MB2010/12/13Download
    BIOSeMachinesModifies 'Exit Discarding Changes' strings in BIOS setup configuration.1.102.5 MB2010/03/15Download
    BIOSeMachinesBIOS1.092.5 MB2009/12/14Download
    BIOSeMachinesBIOS1.082.5 MB2009/11/19Download
    BIOSeMachinesBIOS1.072.5 MB2009/11/17Download

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,053 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello databaseben,

You'll find the bios updates on emachines.com. Click on "All".

For eMachines E627:

BIOSeMachinesModifies 'Exit Discarding Changes' strings in BIOS setup configuration.1.112.5 MB2010/12/13Download
    BIOSeMachinesModifies 'Exit Discarding Changes' strings in BIOS setup configuration.1.102.5 MB2010/03/15Download
    BIOSeMachinesBIOS1.092.5 MB2009/12/14Download
    BIOSeMachinesBIOS1.082.5 MB2009/11/19Download
    BIOSeMachinesBIOS1.072.5 MB2009/11/17Download

France
  • databaseben
    databaseben Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

THANK YOU !  - the flashing worked out nicely and easily.

for whatever reason google.com doesnt readitly reference emachines.com or its downloads but does provides us with european sites  and there is nothing worst than getting a bios update that also contains an infection.

there was even 1 site that looked legit and american.  but when reading the "about us" the page conveniently omits there location and place or operation.   (at least they are honest and did not falsely say they were in america)

thanks again !

This discussion has been closed.