Adding Ram - Veriton M275

Options
wkylep
wkylep Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have a Acer desktop (Veriton M275 - VM275-UD6702W). Currently has one 2GB stick of factory installed labeled UNIFOSA GDDR3-1333 GU512303EP0202. I'm trying to increase capacity to 4GB total. At first I tried adding a 2GB stick of Kingston PC3-10600 KVR13N9S6/2, the system wouldn't boot/POST/anything, just one long beep.

Some further searching seems to indicate the factory installed dimm is buffered/registered. I have a 4GB stick (registered+ecc), but that didn't work either. And I can't seem to locate registered memory that's non-ecc. My only option appears to be ebay to buy some more of the UNIFOSA modules but I'd rather not have to depend on ebay for ram upgrades as I have to order for several of these desktops in our office.

I was wondering if anyone had information on ram requirements for this desktop before I make any more purchases. I'm not having any luck finding more detailed specs on this desktop's memory limitations/requirements.

Thank you,

Kyle

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello wkylep,

For Veriton M275-UD6702W, there are 7 different sticks of 2Gb. I give you some part numbers for information:

Kingston ACR256X64D3U1333C9

Samsung M378B5673EH1-CH9

Samsung M378B5673FH0-CH9

You'll find exactly your model on Crucial Advisor.

France
  • laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

For information:

Kingston (memory discontinued)

Corsair (select your model)

France
  • nor750ton
    nor750ton Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have just asked Acer support why I cannot use all four lines of memory. I know that Windows 7(32-bit) can only use 4Gb.

Their response was that unless you have a dual core processor you cannot use the other lines.

If you register your product with them you can ask about your own system.Mine is a M5100(Extensa E210)

Hope this helps.

• gigs123
    gigs123 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hi Kyle,

am wondering if you ever solved your problem with Ram ?

I have the same issue.