Kitkat on S510

Options
acaetano
acaetano Member Posts: 2 New User

I've seen in some french android forums that acer has released Kitkat for s510, but i've tried to update mine from 4.2.2 and it says that i up-to-date.Anyone has some info about that?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

As far as i know, the KK was released for China market first and then other markets; by the way a problem appeared with this update:

system stuck on bootlogo, this happened for a problem on updating and wiping cache.

So Acer decide to block the update to find a solution, so now we must wait some more days.

this is at least what i understand reading around the web, not Acer information.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Copper007
    Copper007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Had mine today in the NL..... simply OTA

One bug though: exchange services keep stopping..... rest:  Kewl! Blazing fast and nice GUI!!

Grtz

KridRobot tongue

• valveandy
    valveandy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I just received notification of update to Kitkat and allowed it to upgrade, when it rebooted it stuck on a demo screen abou swiping so it would sem Acer didnot wait long enough to sort things out properly. Anyone any ideas?. I shall continue tinkering and if I have any success i wil of course post

cheers all

A

• acaetano
    acaetano Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Mine did it today and it went well...issues:

-digital clock&weather widget is not working properly

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

valveandy wrote:

Hi, I just received notification of update to Kitkat and allowed it to upgrade, when it rebooted it stuck on a demo screen abou swiping so it would sem Acer didnot wait long enough to sort things out properly. Anyone any ideas?. I shall continue tinkering and if I have any success i wil of course post

cheers all

A

Boot on recovery and do a wipe cache/factory reset

http://youtu.be/3GKiZ0VIOqo

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • valveandy
    valveandy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

many thanks for the reply, I did clear the cache after I posted, went away for a nice strong cup of tea and when I got back and fired it up again all was well.

thanks again

Andy

This discussion has been closed.