HELP! Aspire Switch 10 battery plugged NOT CHARGING STOPPED @ 97%

Options
isko
isko Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

HELP NEEDED!!! I bought a brand new ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 TABLET PC for less than a month. When I'm charging the device it stops at 97%. It reads as "97% available, (plugged in, not charging)". Please help me how to solve this... Thanks!!!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a reporting glitch by Windows, nothing to worry about. You can force battery calibration by running it all the way down then fully charging. Cycle through that a few times and it'll end up showing the correct vakues.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a reporting glitch by Windows, nothing to worry about. You can force battery calibration by running it all the way down then fully charging. Cycle through that a few times and it'll end up showing the correct vakues.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kimfeeser
    kimfeeser Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM! MY ACER SWITCH 10 just bought it last July, had a mother board problem, and then when the service center fixed it. All wne t back to normal except for the battery. Charging now is too fast and draining of battery was even faster. And then now, I cannot open it unless it is plugged in always shows, CRITICAL BATTERY! And then when I plugged it in, urns the light to blue meands full charged and then later on when I use it (while plugged in) I remove the charger since it says FULL CHARGED it will just turn off due to no power. WHAT TO DO?!! HEEELLP! I'm getting tired of this.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• billsey
    Options

Sounds to me like they didn't get the battery properly plugged back in when they fixed it. Time to get back with them and setup another repair cycle. Smiley Sad

• kimfeeser
    kimfeeser Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I see, I'm kinda panicking since switch is unlike other laptops where we can just replace batteries. Huhuhu.

• billsey
    Options

Perfectly understandable!

• dvidaleplaza87
    dvidaleplaza87 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hmm, jumping on to this thread to see if you have any thoughts. My battery icon, keeps saying 100% when there's no way it can be at 100% I've been using it for a few hours now. When I plug in, it says fully charged. Thoughts on a fix, or is this even a real problem? 

• billsey
    Options

You sometimes have to go through everal charge / dicharge cycles before Windows displays accurate numbers there. Run it down enough to caue it to warn yo, then charge it fully ... then repeat a few times. It should elf calibrate.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I also have noticed that if you click on the charge indicator, the popup never changes, you need to close then reopen.Windows also takes up to a minute to notice a change from charging to discharging.

Next when at a high charge walue, it sometime goes to "plugged in, not charging".

Finally as batteries wear they do not charge the same way. My W3 (one of the early ones) now drops near instantly from 100% when plugged in to 93% if the plug is removed.

• frankubon
    frankubon Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I am having a similar problem I only bought the switch 10 about 5 weeks ago in the UK and have taken it abroad and i have exactly the same problem. I charge the notebook it until the blue light comes on and then the critical battery icon appears and a blank screen. Very dissapointing.

This appears to be a common problem. I have E.Mailed Acer and todate still no response. 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Does it work if you leave it plugged in ? If so, what does batteryinfoview say ?