Aspire V7 582PG drivers

ipdx
ipdx Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi,

I reinstalled Windows on my 582PG and I've installed most of the drivers on the acer website. However, when I check my device manager, the SM Bus Controller driver was not installed. Also, before I reinstalled windows, fn f5 brought me to the second screen window which it doesn't anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this? In addition, is there a way to change what the function keys do? I don't want to use two hands to change the volume anymore and would like to put it in a more convenient location for one hand. Thank you.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The SM Bus is related to Intel Chipset drivers:

Intel chipset drivers

If the Setup.exe install doesn't solve your issue, please open Device manager, double click on SM Bus and choose "install driver" or "update drivers", choose "browse my computer for driver software" and point to the "All" folder inside the .zip you downloaded, press ok to install.

About Fn options, maybe you have to download the "acer launch manager" in the support site (under application tab):

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4847;-;Aspire%20V7-582PG

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

The SM Bus is related to Intel Chipset drivers:

Intel chipset drivers

If the Setup.exe install doesn't solve your issue, please open Device manager, double click on SM Bus and choose "install driver" or "update drivers", choose "browse my computer for driver software" and point to the "All" folder inside the .zip you downloaded, press ok to install.

About Fn options, maybe you have to download the "acer launch manager" in the support site (under application tab):

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4847;-;Aspire%20V7-582PG

• ipdx

The SM Bus fix and the fn f5 fix downloading acer launch manager seemed to work. However, I can't seem to find a way to actually change my fn settings. Do you know how exactly to "launch" Launch Manager? When I click its icons under program files, like LMLauncher, they don't seem to have any effect.

• IronFly

You can't launch "launch manager", since it's a background application that enables the "Fn+" combination.

I can't help you about Fn settings, sorry.

• ipdx

Thanks; you've been a great help Smiley Happy

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Very Happy

This discussion has been closed.