liquid e3 volume

Options
jstvj
jstvj Member Posts: 5 New User
Have any owners found the sound to be quiet. I have mine on full volume and its still not very loud. Its bearable in dead quiet surroudings, but the slightest backgroud noise and I'm straining to hear it. I should add that I am comparing it with the iphone, which IMOt has good sound quality.

Also, does anyone know when the new update is expected and is it possible that it might improve the volume.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Volume is a little low but nothing so bad, it depends on the ringtone file itself.

you can try to enable/disable DTS sound and hear if this change your overall volume:

system settings/ DTS Studio Sound

about the 4.4.2 update, last news told end of august but i think we must wait until mid-september. (just my opinion)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jstvj
    Options
    Thanks IronFly, so you agree that the volume is low which confirms that mine isn't a duff one. I got my sd card today and will soon be up and running. Will have to choose a loud ringtone, but that won't improve speech during calls and whilst playing say Youtube. However, I shall persevere and hopefully get accustomed to it. Thanks again.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have your raised the volume during calls?

i can agree that ringtones or media volume aren't so loud but i don't feel the same during conversations.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jstvj
    Options
    I have all the settings on max, so no I can't raise volume anymore during conversations. Interestingly I did watch a Youtube video, which described a way to increase the volume deep inside the phones system (not Acer specific). It did require this rooting first, which I'm reluctant to do as it's a new phone. I think I'll wait to see if the update improves matters.
  • WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Another thing to try for ringtone is set "Outdoor" under Audio Profiles.
  • jstvj
    Options
    Thank you WillL. However, so far my main problem is, for instance when watching Youtube and this morning was a good example. I searched for improving phone volume and most of the videos were hard to hear. Add to that, TV in background, eating serial and I just couldn't hear a thing, resorting to having to use ear phones.
  • WillL
    Options
    Playback of sound isn't the best on this phone (volume wise) but I've not yet had a problem with call volume (although admittedly all have been inside). I don't think we should have to root our phones to turn the volume up so hopefully this will be addressed in a future update. What we need Acer to do is give us a place to report issues we would like considered for future updates...
  • WillL
    Options
  • jstvj
    Options
    I agree with you WillL. Just had an extended phone conversation with wife, (don't normally talk so much lol) you will understand for the purposes of testing the sound volume. It was just acceptable on speakerphone at full volume, but again that was in perfect conditions . I have been chatting with Acer on Facebook extensively, who say I should speak to support to get phone tested/repaired. So they are aware and this is one way to give feedback. I have told them that I do not think the phone is faulty. Also have asked if update will address the problem and when can we expect it. I also about this rooting thing, surely it is the manufacturers own interests (and the cictomers) to release their products working at thrir best capacity. You wouldn't by a car if it were governed to do half the speed.
This discussion has been closed.