Acer W510-1432 Tablet will not bootup USB HD,or USB DVD (with Linux on it), nor USB memory stick

Options
onederer
onederer Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

The tablet's USB runs fine to run a pickup for wireless keyoboard/mouse. It can also read a USB SD memory reader. However, it will not run a USB hard drive with bootable Linux. It will not also bootup a bootable memory stick, nor run a bootable DVD player. The Bios has been changed to boot external USB devices, before starting up the tablet's Windows OS. I tried it with an SSD card in the card slot. Won't do that either. In short, the tablet will not boot anything external on a USB or SSD port. It only seems to be able to display the contents. My tablet is still in warranty 'till NOV 30th 2014, and Acer refuses to acknowledge this fact. Some service! They made me feel like I was the enemy. They could have at least answered a simple question. But they won't. I would like to expand the tablet's capabilities. At least for now, it does not look like this is possible without the proper answers. I'd also like to make a comment about this tablet's Bios. This is the sparsest bios that I have ever seen. Most competitors bioses have quite a lot of information in it. One can get the serial number, the part number, the OS, and a lot of other details about the computer. In this case, that information is missing. I had asked the Tech. at least tell me where I can find the serial number inside the OS, and the snid number. He didn't know, and hung up on me. I hope that your results are way better than mine. I'm not impressed! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.