USB PORTs - Predator G3620

Options
Mo_el
Mo_el Member Posts: 12 New User

I have the above machine - 64bit still under warranty even though it was a year old in June, why?

Problem 1.  I have had 3 motherboards within the year, all initially at the beginning.  I have had a number of issues that meant I required ACER help.  The last reformat/ restore to factory defaults seem to have done something to 3 of the USB 2.00 ports on top of the box.  The one that is still working is the USB 3.00.  An ACER tech said I would have to reformat my PC to fix it!!!!!!!!  I thought, oh no not again.  There must surely be another way to try fix this problem.

Problem 2.  When I boot up my pc a balloon pops up advising me that USB devices are not recognised.  I look in Device Manager and three USB have the yellow triangle.  I have tried updating, reinstalling all to no avail.  I have now uninstalled, but I'm getting  Unkown USB Device (Port Reset Failed).

I really am lost and don't know what to do.  If there are some savvy techs here who can guide me in the right direction I'd be grateful.  I have contacted ACER again, but I really don't want to have to reformat my PC......AGAIN!.

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

go to your device manager, double click the devices with the yellow triangle, select "details" tab, on drop down menu choose "HardwareID", highlight the first string and copy/paste here.

please make a screenshot of your device manager too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mo_el
    Options

Hi IronFly, thanks for your reply.

I did as you requested, when I click Hardware IDs, this shows under Value:  USB\PORT_LINK_COMPLIANCE_MODE

dm.jpg

I also have this in Devices & Printers by my PC

pc.jpg

I run the Troubeshoot and get this:

troubleshoot.jpg

I cannot find the driver on ACER.  I did find one on another site but I am being rather cautious in case it messes up my PC.

Thanks for your help.

• IronFly
    Options

Win8 or 7 64bit?

about the intel gigabit drivers, download the x64 version from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23071

it's the official Intel download and it works also for 7-8-8.1

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Why not simply REFRESH or RESET your system instead of FORMAT and Reinstall... also you might have some Corrupt System Files. logo + X --> run --> SFC /scannow and you might need to do this 2 or 3 times. or refresh or reset. and since we have NO idea what all you installed or where you get your programs.
  • Mo_el
    Options

I downloaded and installed the driver however I still have the same problem with the USB shown.  I think I will have get Acer involved again!

Snuffy.....

It was after doing a reformat my pc began most of these problems.

I am a digital artist and have software for that which have been purchased from the relevant companies.  If you are insinuating I may have pirate software, please don't.  With due respect, your answer is a typical one and not really a solution to the issue at hand, but thank you anyway.

• IronFly
    Options

Mo_el wrote:

I downloaded and installed the driver however I still have the same problem with the USB shown.  I think I will have get Acer involved again!

I know, that download was to try to fix the LAN issue, not the USB.

I need to know what's your OS, by the way it looks like an issue with USB 3.0 ports.

in my opinion, i will download the lastest Intel Chipset drivers and see if this can fix it.

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Then you should be able to find the DRIVER on Acer Site... every USB Driver I need is on the Acer Site, and of course I made the Factory Driver CD. You might delete that driver, and reboot ( unless you already have) and see if it fixes, or ask it to look into the Driver CD. No not really on Pirate, but many 3d party program which seem legit are actually PIRATE and full of what ever, also, many legit programs - modify and change many Settings... so when i have on come in, I install REVO Uninstall, then 1 at a time uninstall every thing except Manufacture or Windows. reboot then clean all junk files, defrag and then test again. many times I use RESTORE Point to go back also... & many 3d party program install ***** even when you say NO. I have also found that 1 (will not name) USB HDD test program ( jammed the port which that HDD was attached to,). took a lot of (work-reading- resets) to find what the problem was. (PS: I no longer will test any portable HDDs or laptop hdds made by that Manufature.)