Aspire V3 571g wifi upgrade

Options
avalon2040
avalon2040 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Aspire V3 571g and I want to upgrade the wireless card to the Intel 7260 AC this one.  Will there be any issues if done?  Has anyone done this?  Thank you. The current card is identifying as a Broadcom 802.11n (it does dual band)

Best Answer

• avalon2040
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can say for the 571g 6602 the card works, did not get a chance to see if the bluetooth functions though

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,620 Trailblazer
    Options

Best to read the reviews and questions here http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Network-7260-HMWG-Wireless-AC-Bluetooth/dp/B00DMCVKMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407892064&sr=8-1&keywords=7260HMW

IMO, they're so cheap and Amazon's return policy so easy, I'd give it a go and see for myself.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• avalon2040
    Options

Thanks for the vote, I have ordered it and will test 1 chip in both this and my Toshiba and report back.

• avalon2040
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can say for the 571g 6602 the card works, did not get a chance to see if the bluetooth functions though

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,620 Trailblazer
    Options

Great! Have you been able to do a speed test yet for comparison?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• avalon2040
    Options
    Have not tested speeds yet, only have a router capable of 300mbps. That was easily capped before. Got the Bluetooth working in the Toshiba (glad I did it second as I had to dismantle - screws under keyboard to get to WiFi chip) installed the Toshiba stack then Intel drivers. I can say the range increase from the chip is there. Stable connection on first floor of house on opposite end. Before it was 2 or 3 bars, now 4 or all 5.
This discussion has been closed.