Aspire Switch 10 model variants

Options
osm
osm Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Searching the support site for the SW5 (seems to be the base of the Aspire Switch 10 model number), find 3 variants:

* SW5-011

* SW5-012

* SW5-012P

Does anyone understand the differences between these variants?

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

They use different SKUs for different locales, so the -011 might be UsA, the -012 Europe, etc... Also with the W700 models the P stood for Windows Professional.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • osm

Tinkerer

Options

That doesn't seem right to me. I've seen SW5-011 on sale in both USA and Europe. It seems more likely to me that the 3rd set of digits (i.e. 19VU in SW5-011-19VU) signify local variants.

From what I can tell

SW5-011 has Z3745 processor and 1366 x 768 display.

SW5-012 has Z3735F processor and 1280 x 800 display.

But I'm not sure if they are the only differences, and I'm reluctant to fully believe all the product marketing pages I see including Acer's own page (which advertises the device as having a 1920 x 1200 display). What I'm wondering is if there is a publicly accessible product specs database (like Lenovo provides for their computers)? I'd be much more included to trust that. 

Further adding to my confusion, I've seen some retailers state the OS in SW5-012 as Win 8.1 Pro and some as Win 8.1 with Bing, but I have not yet seen SW5-012P used yet (aside from on Acer's support site).

• Ideas_Acer
    Ideas_Acer Member Posts: 284 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

From the Acer home page you can click on 'Laptops' and find the SW family of products.  Click on the orange 'Display all Models' button and they will all be shown so you can do a comparison between models as well as review all of the specs.

The SW series is quite new to our line-up, so they may not all be on the store shelves just yet.  But they should be showing up there very soon.

• sc00terx
    sc00terx Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

* SW5-011    32gig

* SW5-012    64gig

* SW5-012P  64gig with  500gig hd in keyboard

as far as i can tell   ??  Smiley Happy

like mine is    

*SW5-011 -19VU     and is   32gig   europe  so i do think the last   19VU  is more to do with   where the items are   sold 

sc00terx

• whiskey
    whiskey Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

Options

SW5-012-19RC

For a Canadian variant with 32GB of storage, Z3735F, and the 1280x800 display.

• osm

Tinkerer

Options

Acer_Ideas wrote:

From the Acer home page you can click on 'Laptops' and find the SW family of products.  Click on the orange 'Display all Models' button and they will all be shown so you can do a comparison between models as well as review all of the specs.

The SW series is quite new to our line-up, so they may not all be on the store shelves just yet.  But they should be showing up there very soon.

The trouble is, I have difficulty full trusting the Acer product page and the datasheets.

1. the main page says the display is a FHD (1920 x 1080) display, which is clearly wrong. 

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/series/aspireswitch10

There doesn't seem to be any current variants with FHD display. 

2. The datasheets give variable amounts of detail depending on model, e.g.,

this datasheet reports amount of storage but not battery capacity

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model-datasheet/NT.L47EK.002 

this data sheet reports battery capacity but not amount of storage

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model-datasheet/NT.L4TEK.002 

3. Neither the datasheet for the SW5-011 or the SW5-012 provides information on the version of Office that comes with the tablet. But a number of retail sites seem to suggest there is a difference, with SW5-011 coming with a perpetual Office 2013 Home and Student licence, and SW5-012 coming with 1-yr of Office 365.

4. The datasheets indicate both SW5-011 and SW5-012 both come with WIndows 8.1, but a number of retail sites suggest SW5-012 comes with "Windows 8.1 with Bing".

Whowever is responsible for putting together your product pages has done a really poor job Smiley Sad

• osm

Tinkerer

Options

sc00terx wrote:

* SW5-011    32gig

* SW5-012    64gig

* SW5-012P  64gig with  500gig hd in keyboard

as far as i can tell   ??  Smiley Happy

like mine is    

*SW5-011 -19VU     and is   32gig   europe  so i do think the last   19VU  is more to do with   where the items are   sold 

sc00terx

There are 64GB versions of SW5-011 and 32GB versions of SW5-012, so the second set of numbers doesn't say anything about storage within the slate.

It seems to me that it's the 3rd set of digits (19VU in your example) that identifies on-slate storage capacity as well as localisation.

How did you identify SW5-012P as the one with 500GB in the keyboard? I can't find any reliable information on it.

• sc00terx
    sc00terx Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi  as i put  mine is  

SW5-011 -19VU     and is   32gig

so as far as i can tell  bye what i have the      SW5-011 is 32 gig 

i kow some one with a  64gig  and there  one is   

SW5-012

so  as  only the   64gig  has the 500gig hd in the keyboard 

i  kinda  put  SW%-012  64gig    SW5-012p  64gig  with  hard drive  

its just from what  i could find  out   but  like you  i think the  info is  not the best   to go  on  

thankfully  we have each other  to help out   where we can  Smiley Happy

as ever

sc00terx

• g33kygurl
    g33kygurl Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    The 011 model numbers were the first release of the switch 10. The 012 model numbers were released in September best I can tell. Acers data sheets are absolutely wrong. It's a shame since they are putting out such a good product. There are 2 versions of the 64gb model that are about $30 difference in price but for the life of me I can't figure out the difference. The datasheets for them are exactly the same with the exception of the price. The 012p comes with Windows 8 pro. Rather than being in the $350 price range that model is upwards of $500. That's all I've figured out so far. It would be nice if someone from acer who was knowledgeable on this line of products would she'd some light here. I'm ready to drop a few hundred bucks as soon as I get this all sorted out.
  • billsey
    Options

There are also different SKUs for each model in each locale, so it gets quite complex...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • g33kygurl
    Options
    But different models on the us acer product page, with identical specs and a $30-40 dollar difference? Seems unorganized to me.
  • billsey
    Options

I see what you mean, the two models are NT.L4TAA.013 and NT.L4TAA.017, with the latter $30 less than the former. They both look like the newer one with the Windows button on the side. I can't see what is different between them other than the price. Smiley Happy

• g33kygurl
    Options
    I emailed sales support to see if they would give an indication of the deltas. If they respond with any credible and helpful information I'll pass it along.
  • osm

Tinkerer

Options

Dear Acer,

no idea if you're listing Smiley Frustrated

but if you are, please take note of how Lenovo makes public detailed information on all model variants of many of their products via product specification reference documents: http://www.lenovo.com/psref/

I assume you must have equivalent documents available internally for the model variants of your computers. Please consider making these public.

• g33kygurl
    Options

Here is the response from the acer store when I asked about the new switch 10 model variants.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Unfortunately, we only have pre-sales information for units sold directly atstore.acer.com. Currently, at this time, we do not sell any Switch 10  models on our site. Therefore, we do not have the information you are requesting. We apologize for this inconvenience. We suggest contacting a re-seller that is selling this product for this information.

Thank you,
    eCommerce