Plugged in, not charging

Options
anoran
anoran Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought an acer Aspire V3-111P-P4KY and installed a new legit windows 8.1 to it from a USB-stick. Also installed all latest drivers acer currently provides. Anyways i dont think that has or should have anything to do with the problem. So the problem is that the orange charging light stays on and windows says "Plugged in, not charging" while it has charged only 86-94 %. The percentage varies. Iv already tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver, rebooting and pressing the tiny hole on the back of the computer to reset battery. Nothing helps.

hwmonitor:

battery.png

So, does this laptop have a defective battery or what?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

From your description of the issue, it seems the hardware is most likely working since the battery is actually able to take a charge. Did it do this with the Acer OEM version of Windows? My suggestion would be to load the orignal software, and see if it behaves the same. If it does, it may need repair service. If it does not, then it is a driver or software issue.

Maybe other user's will be able to provide additional information or other troubleshooting steps for this issue.

This discussion has been closed.