I have an Acer Iconia A-1 813. During the Setup, I could not connect to my Network.

Options
814eddy
814eddy Member Posts: 3 New User

This is my first Tablet, however, I have at least 30 years of experience with computers and at least 3 differernt OS platforms. I received my Iconia A-1 818 yesterday and charged it for 4hours as directed. I then began the initial setup. When I got to the second step which was to connect to a WiFi network, I selected my Home Network, as I have done with other devices. I entered my passphrase and waited, expecting the Tablet to connect. Instead, it wasn't able to make a connection, so I canceled out of it and tried it again. Actually, I tried at least four times, but in each case, the Tablet would not make the connection to my network. I have a CISCO E2000 N Router by the way. 

I was going to skip this step and move on, but a popup window appeared and sort of suggested against not completing the WiFi hookup. So, I tried it again and the same thing happened. At that point, I stopped and shut the Tablet off .

I am at work now, but will try this again when I get home in a few hours. I am going to open my router's config file and add the MAC address of the Tablet to it, as I have done for other devices. After saving the Router's config file, I will try again to connect to it with the network with the Tablet. I don't know if this will work or not, so if there is a better solution and someone can share it with me, I'd appreciate it. I've been looking forward to using this Tablet, so I hope I didn't make a mistake in choosing this particular model. I have read some other discussions related to other Acer Tablets whose owners were having similar issues, so I hope my experience isn't going to be as complicated as those that I have read about.

Answers

• Kyler
    Kyler Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

Options

Is your router in dual band mode? If so, try it on single band.

What happens if you try it on other networks? Maybe it is just the way your router is setup.

This discussion has been closed.