Not connecting to wireless modem

Options
Rowena
Rowena Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer Aspire one D255 ha suddenly stopped connecting to my wireless modem.  I had difficulty getting it connected imitially but it has been OK until last week when it tells me I have Error 650 and also Error 8505.129.

I tried getting the connection back using  a suggestion on the Acer site.  This told me to get on to Device Manager but when I did this I was asked  did I want to install a Microsoft update that would allow the problem to be dealt with.  Not being much use where the technical side of computers is concerned I didn't like to click yes in case I made matters worse! 

Can anyone give simple intructions to the 'computer technically illiterate'?

There is nothing wrong with the wrieless - my desktop is working normally - as you can see!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Rowena,

I am sorry to hear you are having these errors when trying to connect to your wireless modem. As for the errors you provided, one can be related to a configuration or connection problem between the notebook and the modem, and the second error seems related to Nortons.

Because I don't know what your configuration is and your desktop is working fine, I would suggest backing up your data and performing a factory restore using the Acer eRecovery Management software. This will set the computer to how it was when you first purchased it and remove any software or configuration issues that may be causing the errors you are receiving.

This discussion has been closed.